November 20, 2010 Open Boat Striper Limits & Tog

On Friday evening I called everyone to cancel based on the forecast. After seeing improvement in the forecast later on and spending some quality time some second guessing myself, I called everyone right back with the option to opt back in. That is with the caveat stipulating that if the conditions warranted it, we would come right back in. Hollywood Mike, Steve & Yasar opted to go for it with two others opting out.

Started the morning jigging and Trolling Stripers which yielded mainly shorts and 2 keepers. By midday headed for deep water to Tog but as we got to the grounds it was a little too sporty so we headed inshore. Made one drop which yielded 8 keepers to 8# and a dozen shorts. On the way home got a call good buddy that the bass where biting real good on the troll where we left them in the AM, so I put in a little OT. On the troll we boated 4 more keepers and quite a few shorts before the gus opted to call it a day with the fish still biting.

Turned out to be a great day on the water with a great bunch of guys. Everyone went home with plenty of white meat..

Comments are closed.